Thursday, January 07, 2010

A new study ... from April 2009 and here it is January 2010...

"An April 2009 study co-authored by a researcher who has previously denied an abortion-breast cancer link shows a statistically significant increase in breast cancer risk among women who have had abortions or who use oral contraceptives. The study by researchers including Jessica Dolle of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research contained a table reporting a statistically significant 40 percent risk increase for women who have had abortions.

According to the Coalition on Abortion/Breast Cancer (CABC), the study listed abortion as among "known and suspected risk factors.
" Read more here

As I read this article, I found myself feeling extremely sad. For years, I have known that there is an abortion-breast cancer link as well as a contraception breast cancer link..."Researchers also found a significant link between the use of oral contraceptives and a particularly aggressive cancer known as triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC).

Brind said that according to the study, women who start oral contraceptives before the age of 18 multiply their risk of TNBC by 3.7 times. Those who were users of oral contraceptives within one to five years before the study showed a risk 4.2 times the average.

TNBC is associated with high mortality. Brind suggested that oral contraceptives may function not merely as a secondary carcinogen. Rather, the synthetic estrogen-progestin combination or its metabolic byproducts may be a primary cause of the cell mutations that lead to cancer formation.
"

I have had thyroid cancer, which I attribute to my abortion and I have had some fear regarding breast cancer due to my abortion AND to my usage of oral contraceptives. I had friends who used oral contraceptive from the time they were very young and I fear for their health now, too.

My sadness is not that this research is coming to light - my sadness is that there are those who continue to believe that Planned Deathhood is a great organization for giving out pills and condoms, performing abortions and devastating lives in the process.

I pray, I pray that one day Planned Deathhood will no longer be in business because they have already done so much harm.

Yes, I know one can get contraceptives from other sources - and abortions, too.

In earlier posts, I have brought up the breast cancer/abortion/oral contraception link and in conversations, I have also brought it up. I have felt like a voice crying out in the wilderness in this current sex crazed society of ours.

It gives me little consolation to know that a researcher from Fred Hutchinson (world renowned cancer institute in Seattle) has realized that my voice and the voices of others like me do know what we are talking about.

I have been challenged in my opinion about abortion because I am not a nurse or in the medical profession. One does not need to be in a medical profession to understand that the rise of breast cancer has correlated with the rise of abortions and taking of oral contraceptives.

Indeed - I think that not being in the medical profession has help me see what is very obvious without being blinded by professional arrogance and biased.

1 comment:

The Cichy's said...

I'm wondering if the Susan G Komen foundation will put out another statement concerning the breast cancer/abortion link.

http://ww5.komen.org/uploadedFiles/Content_Binaries/PlannedParenthoodStatement2009.pdf

I realize this was issued last March.