Monday, September 28, 2009

When I was

told that I was pregnant in February of 1970, I was also told that my baby's due date would be on or around Yom Kippur 1970.

Today the Jewish tradition celebrates Yom Kippur - in 1970, it was celebrated on the 10th of October.

Whenever I hear about Yom Kippur I think of my Matthew Dean - knowing that had my pregnancy not been interrupted, had his life not been terminated, he would have been born around or on Yom Kippur.

Every child should be afforded a birth day.


2 comments:

Leslie K. said...

I wish I could remember the 'when' of my four children...I can only remember losing the only one I thought I would get to have - number 5 on Aug 7, 1982. The others? I was always so drunk or coked out of my mind I couldn't tell you where I lived let alone why I was doing what I did...

chimakuni said...

I am so sorry for your losses - I love you - -