Friday, January 11, 2008

Unpacking

I love traveling - it is the coming home I detest. I leave my partially unpacked suitcases scattered in my bedroom, clothes spilling out, toiletries all over the bathroom and a general feeling of sadness that my trip is over.

Several days of chaos and mess gets to me, so today, four days after arriving home, I am cleaning, putting things away and making my bedroom a sanctuary of calm once again.

I keep turning around, expecting to see Phred. He is so here in spirit that it is amazing to me that he is actually deceased. He was a great companion and friend to all of us. I wrote a note to our neighbor this morning and I began to cry. Tears of longing for things that are not, tears of missing my pup and tears of gratefulness that Art is an over the top great neighbor.

Only seven days before I pack my bags again for a three day "walk" to Olympia, Washington from Bremerton. Our walk will be to pray for the unborn at the abortion mills in Bremerton, Silverdale, Seattle, Renton, Federal Way, Tacoma and Olympia. We will meet up with others in Olympia for the 35th annual March for Life on the 22nd of January.

We pray for protection for the unborn and those who are hiking and marching. Lord, hear our prayers...

No comments: