Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Eyes Adored You...

Though I never laid a hand on you, my eyes adored you....*

Ahh - we took a trip down memory lane last night, Mel and I did. We went and saw the play, Jersey Boys. It was absolutely, fantastically, terrific and words do not even come close to doing justice to the three hours of fabulous entertainment and education.

WOW!

When the lead began to sing, "My Eyes Adored You", I sat back, closed my eyes and thought of God's majesty and how I adore Him. What a beautiful love song this is to God...even though it was written as a love song to Frankie's wife, Mary, when they broke up.

Mel and I seldom go out, seldom do things as a couple, preferring instead to include our sons in most of our activities, but the Jersey Boys was a special treat just for us.

I am so glad we went. On the way home, it was pouring rain and then the rain turned into snow and we drove through a wonderland, wrapped in God's blanket.




(*thank you Frankie Valli)

No comments: