Thursday, December 11, 2008

Money and politics

It is nothing new that politicians rarely see a donation they don't love.

When a politician says they are Roman Catholic I expect them to have a moral compass that mirrors the Church's teachings. Alas, I know I am naive in that respect.

Check out this donation list from pro-abortion groups to those politicians who claim they are Roman Catholic.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has accepted nearly a quarter-million dollars -- $244,113, to be exact; Sen. John Kerry (D-MA), $205,768; the "pro-life" Sen. Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA), $327,914; Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA), $1.04 million; Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO), who assumed office only in January 2007, has accepted $986,619. (For a complete list of donations to Catholic members of Congress since 1990, click here.)

You know, I can say I am Japanese, but just because I say it, does not mean that I am.

I pray that Pelosi, Kerry, Casey, Murray, McCaskill and other "Roman Catholic" politicians will renounce their acceptance of evil from the abortion lobbies and embrace the Church's teachings for their eternal souls.

No comments: