Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mr. Finn...where are you? All glitzy flyers and no substance?

I received another flyer from Mr. Finn today...you know, the politician that I have asked to call me? Well, I have written an open letter to him and wish to share it with you. I wonder if he will respond.


Dear Mr. Finn - I called your office about a month ago and left a message, requesting that you call me. I live in Belfair and you have twice sent me flyers requesting that I vote for you. Indeed, I got one of the flyers today and thoroughly enjoyed reading through it and learning about all your accomplishments.

As a concerned citizen, I believe it is my duty to speak with those who are running for political office in my district so that I can know where they stand on important issues.

I have spoken to your office manager, and at that time reiterated my desire to speak directly to you. Either you did not get the message from her or you have gotten that message and decided that I am not worthy of attention.

Not to return phone call requests when one is running for public office is not a real good practice. Yes, I am sure that you have plenty of requests for your time. I am however, someone who may or may not vote for you and without even hearing from you since I first contacted your office over a month ago, I am coming to the conclusion that you do not have time for the average voter in Belfair.

This is a shame, Mr. Finn. The shame is that if you are not willing to speak with someone before you are presumably elected to office, I have to question as to whether you will be accessible after you may be elected to office.

It is my sincere hope that you will call me, or if you would like, come to our home and discuss the most important issue in our lives, and that would be the issue of abortion. http://matthewsmom.blogspot.com/

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Lee Anne Martinez,
Belfair

Hurting after an abortion? Call 877 HOPE 4 ME

http://matthewsmom.blogspot.com/


http://matthewsmom.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

Have you tried to get this printed in 'letters to the editor'. That is a good soapbox in our area. Gets the attention ... like that
4x4 ... especially if your GA and the Holy Spirit helps. I see their hands in this; as you live by their creed. xxoo
DIEU TE BENISSE!! Cajun Sissy