Saturday, September 25, 2010

Six weeks...

and then some! I cannot believe it has been that long since I have posted - but there it is!

We had a wonderful time at my nephew's wedding last weekend. He married a beautiful woman and the two of them had their marriage blessed in my mother's church. Father Ernie, the officiant was wonderful in his pastoral counsel and homily. The bride and groom, having already married civilly back in April, were not so nervous this time around.

The reception afterwards was a nice family gathering with a few friends of the grooms from work. It has been eight years since I have seen some of my family and four since I have seen others so it was good to see them again.

Our summer has come to an end - officially, but today seemed like the beginning of summer with the temperature in the mid 70's, which got us energized - got my car washed and waxed - bedroom furniture rearranged and went to Mass.

Tonight after Mass we celebrated the feast day of San Lorenzo Ruiz, a Filipino martyr who was killed in Japan for refusing to denounce his faith. His quote was "If I had a thousand lives, I would give them all to God" ... read more about him here

No comments: