Friday, September 04, 2009

a wonderful celebration

of the life of Ike was held yesterday in Poulsbo. Pat and Don, his daughter and son did a marvelous job of capturing Ike and the wonderful life they shared with him. Ike was a real character and he was so loving and sweet . . .

My mother and my eldest brother attended the memorial, too. It is the first time in two years that I have seen my brother and first time in eighteen months that I have seen my mother. They both look good and it was wonderful to be able to give them a hug and a kiss.

My mom spoke a few words about Ike and their friendship as neighbors. She did an eloquent job ... splendid for a nearly 92 year old woman!

I am so glad that I was privileged to know Ike and so glad that he lived 97 years, 7 months and 1 day here on this earth. God rest his soul...


1 comment:

Leslie K. said...

and I am so glad it went well for you, Sissy. I was praying!