Friday, April 03, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire


For some time now, I have been wanting to see the movie, "Slumdog Millionaire". I ordered it through Netflix and expect to receive it next week.

I have a love of India (yes, a surprise to me!) in my old age. When we moved from Japan to Afghanistan, we transited in New Delhi for a couple of days and I was repulsed by much of New Delhi and fascinated with much of New Delhi.

Over the years I have visited India and I have come to have a great fondness for it - in no small part because my best friend in the WHOLE WORLD lives and works in Mumbai. One of my dreams is to visit Somnath and his beautiful bride, Chaitaly before too many more years pass in the city of Mumbai. But for now, the movie will have to suffice as far as my yearning to actually be in Mumbai.

Below is a review of the movie from a Catholic priest. He talks about the message in it. "Grace is our cooperation with God's goodness" and that is what the movie is all about.

A Priest Comments on "Slumdog Millionaire"

Posted using ShareThis

No comments: