Saturday, June 07, 2008

Matthew Dean


When God gave me the name of my aborted child, I was grateful, but I had no idea how He came to name him Matthew Dean.


Today, in one of my daily bible readings, Matthew 9:13 was written...


"It is mercy I desire and not sacrifice"


I recall one of our wonderful Rachel's Vineyard priest saying this about a year ago...and I was struck with its profundity.


Reading this scripture again, a light bulb went on...


MATTHEW!!! Matthew - yes, what a perfect name for you, my beloved son.


I still am wondering where Dean came from, but as with all other things in my life, I know God will hand me the answer when He does!!!

7 comments:

X said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chimakuni said...

Angela M - you are correct - I do not want that mind set on my blog. Therefore, I have deleted your comment on Plan B, in which you alerted me to the google ad. The google ad has now changed. I will contact them and see if I can prevent them from running it on this particular blog again...of course, I would pray that they would not run it on ANY blog.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Blessings -

chimakuni said...

Angela - the blog site would not permit me to simply edit your post - sadly. And I do thank you again for alerting me.

X said...

No problem :o)

Esther said...

And wasn't it lovely that scripture was read in Sacramento as we all attended Mass together?

Perhaps "Dean" is so he can be a patron saint to our other Dean as he goes through his journey to the priesthood.

chimakuni said...

Okay - my jaw dropped and I was silent for oh, perhaps ten seconds (and you KNOW that is not me!)...

Oh MY GOSH!!! Dean - Esther - you may have hit this out of the ball park. I will ask my Matthew Dean to pray in a special way for OUR Dean.

Thank you, sweet Esther!!!

DJ said...

Reading those last two comments my dear friend brought me to tears... God bless you Lee Anne!!!

Blessings and peace,
DJ