Friday, May 23, 2008

Hail


Yesterday, I turned on the news and watched with fascination, the hail that was raining down on Colorado. I decided to call our oldest son as he is vacationing in that area. When I called, I could hear the hail pummeling down on his car. He was in Fort Collins, very close to Windsor, where the tornadoes had touched down.


Praise God that he was not caught up in the twister and that his car seemingly has no hail damage.


I went to the abortion mill yesterday afternoon. There was a sign on the ground - a plea from Planned "parent"hood to those who were interested in furthering the cause of death.


In part it read "we are under seige by anti-choice people. They harass our staff and our patients, they block access to our clinics, they hold disturbing signs, they hand out misinformation..."


The flyer wants people to "pledge a picketer" so that PP will be able to continue giving health care to women.


Now, I do not know about you, but I have seen the anti-choice people in front of the abortion mill in East Bremerton on Rider Road.


They do not hand out any literature, they do not harass anyone, they do not block access to the building, they do not hold disturbing signs - unless you consider "Women Deserve Better than Abortion" and my personal sign, which I carry, "I Regret My Abortion" disturbing.


Instead, they pray, they talk quietly and they maintain a dignity for those who are killed in the building several hundred feet away from them, and for the mothers and fathers who sadly, feel they have no choice but to abort their own flesh and blood.


Hail Mary, Full of Grace

The Lord is with Thee

Blessed art thou among women

And Blessed is thy fruit of thy womb, Jesus


Holy Mary, Mother of God,

Pray for us sinners,

Now and at the hour of our death.


Amen

No comments: