Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Smile - God is!!!

It is amazing how, as we go through life and look back we often see where wounds occurred and where trauma was generated. As we reach out to that "person" it is always such a shock to find out that that person is us and how hard we have been on ourselves.

A couple of months ago, I looked at a photo of myself taken when I was about eight. I have always viewed myself as "bad" and not worthy but that day, I saw that little girl and I smiled - I smiled at how precious she was, how much God loved her and how she deserved all the best in life.

I was so happy to smile at me - even the eight year old me - because prior to that day, I had always looked at that photo with condemnation, the way I was treated. Smiling at the little me was a huge healing moment in my life.

She deserved better than she got, but now she is learning to be a bit more gentle with herself. And that is me...

So, for all of us out here - smile at yourself this day - God is!

1 comment:

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

AMEN!!! {{{{XXXXXXOOOOOO}}}}
DIEU TE BENISSE!!! Cajun Sissy